Sunday, March 17, 2013

Twenty Dollars In My Pocket

So you've seen/heard "Thrift Shop right? Josh and I love it. It makes us laugh the whole time we listen to it and we just can't help but to genuinely like it. BTW: if you haven't actually seen the video, it seriously makes the song. I was going to post the video.... but even the edited version is a little questionable (but so so funny!). Considered yourself warned.


Anywho, I had a three day weekend and it was glorious. In my opinion all weekends should be three days. It's just more balanced! Who's with me? I knew I wasn't alone. SO, Friday when everyone else was still working (sorry to rub it in) I was having a super ME day.  I drank coffee out of mug, not a travel mug, in my PJ's. 



This people, is the way to drink coffee. I took a solid two hours getting ready. I had time to attempt creativity with my wardrobe, question my creativity, text my fashionista friend Mar, get confirmation that I didn't look ridiculous, and head out the door.



This is me saying, "Marlowe is denim on denim actually a thing?". Thanks for knowing, understanding and contributing my need for a gold star Mar!

My next step was getting a new drivers license. This was an extremely necessary part of my day. I got married and moved nearly TWO YEARS ago and this was my first new license since I turned 21... eek! 

Okay. Finally we are to the thrift shop err... antique mall, it counts right!? I spent hours in roaming around Crazy Daisy. During these hours I saw all of my Pinterest dreams coming true. I am all about awesome finds for a good price. 

I saw this kitchen at Young House Love and this kitchen at Flower Patch Farm Girl and loved their light kitchens and wooden bar stools. Don't these remind you of them?




I also found this light fixture, so fun!



What do you think of when you see this giant wooden spoon and fork set.



Please say you thought "Everybody Loves Raymond"! 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ACPVyW7y8YE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


I really enjoying my leisurely browsing. I did in fact only spend twenty dollars just as the song says. I got this be-u-tiful blanket,



and discovered my love of milk glass. Is this pretty? I am hoping I can weave it into a plate display on my wall similar to this one.


I throughly enjoyed this day and spent only $20. This first grade teacher enjoyed her quiet alone time... a lot. 

Now, I am off to bed with this one. Ridiculous, right? 



Josh left for Jamaica today. We miss him already, but are so excited for him. I know he got there safely and had a wonderful first day! 

So long for now! 





0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs